TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW LIBRARY, (located in Lubbock, Texas) has the following position that you may be interested in.
DEPARTMENT: B60001-Law Library
POSTING NUMBER: 89801
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Performs highly complex professional and administrative functions in the operation of a specialized section in the library; this rank is reserved for those whose stature in the Library profession is of recognized excellence and conferred upon those whose leadership extend beyond local context and whose dedication have produced accomplishments that are widely acknowledged. Work is performed under general supervision with latitude for individual initiative and judgment. Evaluation of employee performance is based upon accomplishment of defined objectives. May supervise various technical and other employees.
Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program and typically five years library experience. Knowledge of professional library techniques and current library practices.
This is a Security Sensitive Level I Position: Applicants for this position will be subject to a police records check and may be required to be fingerprinted
• At least three years’ experience in a similar or related position at an academic library
• J. D. degree from an ABA accredited law school.
• Law library experience
• Professional experience in academia.
• Proficiency with one or more programming languages such as HTML or CSS, and a content management system.
• Experience in teaching, delivering legal reference service, and managing electronic resources.
• Substantial knowledge of traditional legal bibliography and legal electronic resources.
• Reference and instruction experience in an academic library.
• Experience providing instructional technology support; experience participating in collaborative web application development; familiarity with XHTML, XML, or PHP, and relational databases
PLEASE PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENT WITH YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION:
• Cover letter
If you are interested in learning more OR are interested in applying to this specific position, please click on the following link: http://jobs.texastech.edu/postings/57320
To review all positions available with Texas Tech, please visit our employment site at jobs.texastech.com.